ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, ADMISSIONS & RECRUITMENT
UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE
ENGLISH LANGUAGE INSTITUTE (ELI)
NEWARK, DELAWARE, USA | FEBRUARY 2008 – PRESENT
One of the most respected intensive English programs in the USA. Provides linguistic, academic, and cultural programming and support for international students, professionals, and general language learners.
The University of Delaware won the NAFSA Paul Simon Award for Campus Internationalization in 2015.
Oversees the ELI Admissions Office, and is responsible for the ELI’s Marketing/Recruitment efforts. Acts as liaison between ELI and sponsoring organizations and overseas recruitment agents. Responsible for various enrollment management duties, including enrollment projections. Provides immigration advising (SEVIS DSO).
Wilmington, DE | 2007 – 2008
Staffing agency specializing in placement of highly skilled professionals.
- Placed with the same client for the duration of employment; assignment originally intended for three weeks was extended indefinitely by client
- Successfully executed several projects, including the generation of high volumes of reports requiring meticulous attention to detail and high degree of professionalism inherent with dealing with sensitive information
- Marketing activities include: development of creative concepts for new marketing campaign; collaboration with graphic designers to design and distribute direct mail collateral; competitive analysis
Project Coordinator & Research/Administrative Assistant
Quebec Community Groups Network (QCGN)
Quebec City, Canada | 2006
NPO-promotes vitality of the minority English-speakers in Quebec.
- Developed, coordinated, and executed several projects, some of which include:
- A tutorial program meant to promote the use of the QCGN Digital Library (a system requiring extensive investment, but which was not being used by members); tutorial had a high participation rate and was awarded positive ratings by participants as measured by a post-tutorial satisfaction survey
- A project to determine the process to obtain copyright clearance from government officials for their publications to be stored in the QCGN Digital Library; resulted in the growth of this resource (in terms of the addition of documents to library)
Mario Camacho Foods (formerly A. Camacho, Inc.)
Plant City, FL | 2004 – 2005
Importer/distributor of Spanish specialty foods.
- Special project management, including overseeing preparation for audit of warehouse operations that achieved a rating of “Excellent” by an independent auditing agency
- Improved efficiency of purchasing department by establishing daily process for tracking and reporting on the status of all containers en route to distribution centers, both domestically and internationally
- Collaborated frequently with third party service providers to avoid and resolve shipping delays
Cornerstone Consulting, Inc.
Clearwater, FL | 2003 – 2004
Information technology consulting firm.
- Worked directly with Vice-President of Marketing to create and deploy marketing plan, conduct various telemarketing campaigns, prepare and distribute press releases, manage communications with potential clients using CRM software, and attend networking events/trade shows
- Designed and managed content of several websites with special attention to search engine optimization
- Developed database of local publications to facilitate communications and press release distribution
Special Projects Manager (Final title/position held)
Tampa Machinery Auction, Inc.
Tampa, FL | 2001 – 2005
Regional vehicle and machinery auction.
- Prepared several proposals that resulted in multi-million dollar state and local government contracts
- Responded to the company’s urgent need to improve service quality to Spanish-speaking clients by providing assistance with the purchasing and selling processes in their native language and by translating all vital documents
Assistant to Clinic Coordinator
USF Memory Disorder Clinic
Tampa, FL | 2000 – 2001
Research & health care services for individuals with memory loss.
- Assisted with the promotion of clinic services by conducting community memory tests, preparing presentations and public relations materials, and attending health research lectures and presentations
- Oversaw general office functions and daily tasks of employees and volunteers; responsible for employee training