My Affinity for Technology
I enjoy using technology, particularly when it comes to finding new ways to communicate (i.e., via websites, social media, blogging, etc.). I have a facility for learning new software and using it to improve processes in the workplace. For me, change is fun–especially when there is a computer and technology involved!
Advanced user of:
- Sway (new type of presentation software from Microsoft)
- MailChimp: email campaign management app
- WordPress: tool used to build and manage content on several websites
- Prezi: cloud-based presentation software
- Basic HTML coding
Tools for Managing Student Records
- Peoplesoft – university database to manage student records (basic knowledge)
- Slate – database/operational system for managing student records, CRM, document imaging, etc. (basic knowledge)
SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) – Online system through which schools report information about international students to the government.
- WunderList: This works well for project management. It is used to keep track of tasks and projects, and to assign duties, as necessary.
- Google Apps: Enables a collaborative work experience and facilitates remote work.
Skype: Videoconferencing and phone calls